De-rusting the car has been an adventure. I’m equipped to do soda blasting but some parts of this job need something more studly, like alox or sand. Looking at hoppers and cabinets at HF last weekend I resisted the urge to go full scale into media blasting. The good local place is backed up, usually takes a week or so. I decided to do what I could with soda, then the rest with wire wheels and Scotch-Brite. I got more time than money these days.
With most of the parts here, it’s mostly elbow grease. There are times when I wish I would have waited and bought a low end car that was done or mostly done, or another donor once I saw how much work this one needed. But that wouldn’t be fair to my family. I’ve spent what I’ve budgeted and now that we move into spring it’s time to do things around the house and fulfill other obligations. There is enough stuff to get the car on the track and shaken down. Except for time. With scheduling at the gig I couldn’t get the week off needed to make a full run at the car and shake it down at Willow Springs at the end of May. Right now I’m looking to a September shakedown